Bruce Davidson

Bruce Davidson
Brooklyn Gang 5

Sunday, December 14, 2014

Optimistic Observation


It was grade 10, and towards the end of the school year, my science teacher told me something that really made me open my eyes. He said to me "Elie, you're one of the few students I disliked at the beginning of the year with how much you disrupted the class, but I saw that you grew up and matured and I do believe you changed for the best." This for me was an optimistic view of the youth. How I changed from the loud kid with 60's and finished the course along the smart kids with 87% was enough proof for me. But that was my year and I surely am optimistic about the youth of today.  
Once in a while, I'll see some high school youngsters and I'll think to myself "what a bunch of idiots" and then start to think of myself at their age and to see whether I was as stupid or not. We all have this grand view of ourselves where we only see this good portrait of ourselves until we flip it the other side and see our true signature. And so I realized, "yeah I was as annoying as these kids in the bus, but I changed and I'm sure they will too." Since that moment in 10th grade, I've had a more optimistic view of the youth of today because everyone can change, I did and I was told I'm pretty stubborn. 
Another reason why I view the youth of today in an optimistic way is because of the new technology. Youth have a better grasp at technology then their parents did and with the way technology is going, it seems like we are going to need those skills. After all, it is the youth of today that shape up our tomorrow. 
With technology growing and knowing that youth can change for the best as they mature, I do feel optimistic about the youth of today. 

No comments:

Post a Comment